Might as well learn to cook the ultimate comfort food in this time of isolation.
Can you say thicc?! Lol, I love these japanese pancakes. They're so dense and fluffy you get more hotcake in each bite. What's not to love??
Below is a recipe that serves 2, feel free to keep them all for yourself though.
Note: You will need ring molds, like the ones used to cook English muffins.
1 cup plain flour
1 tbsp sugar
11/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
11/4 cups buttermilk
2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
Fruits of your choice (I use blueberries, strawberries & blackberries)
Maple syrup, as needed
1. In a large bowl, add the eggs, milk and vanilla. Beat the mixture with a whisk for about 1 minute, until light and fluffy. Add in remaining ingredients and whisk until the batter is smooth.
2. Let the batter sit for about 15 minutes. The batter will thicken during this time.
3. Based on the size of your ring mold ( I used a 3 3/4 inches wide and 1 1/4 inch tall), measure and cut out a few strips of the baking sheet. Generously grease the inside of your rings with oil.
4. Preheat your pan. I recommend using a low heat of 300°F, because these will take much longer to cook than your traditional flatter pancakes, and you don't want to burn the tops.
5. Lightly oil the frying pan and place the prepared ring mold on the pan. Then fill your molds halfway with batter, as they will rise about twice as high when finished.
6. Let the batter cook until bubbles form on the surface and the edges look cooked. To flip place a large spatula underneath the entire pancake, lightly support the other end of the ring mold with your free hand (make sure to wear a mitten) and then quickly flip it over, and push the ring mold down so the uncooked batter doesn't spread. Don't worry if your first few tries are a little messy. You'll soon get the hang of it.
7. Cook for a few more minutes until the pancake is done.
8. Once it's cooked completely, the pancake should easily pop out of the mold when the mold is lifted.
9. Serve pancakes with toppings and syrups of your choice. I usually have mine with berries and maple syrup. These are generally sweeter than your traditional pancakes and so you don’t need quite as much syrup. I love how fluffy, tall and round these are.
These hotcakes are so satisfying to cook and eat. Prepare to have a food coma.
Want to give it a shot? What are you cooking up during your down-time?
If you enjoyed this article, or know someone that may find it helpful, please subscribe and share it :) Also, let us know what you want to see more of at email@example.com
Fluffy Japanese Pancakes
7 Japanese Desserts From Tasty Japan
Jiggly Fluffy Japanese Cheesecake
No-Bake Matcha Cheesecake＊Eggless &Without Oven
#hotcake #hotcake #hotcakesblueberryflapkacks #hotcakesprotein #HotcakeCafe #HotcakeCafeDessert #hotcakesandeggs #hotcakeshappymeal #HotCakesMoltenChocolateCakery #hotcakestime #hotcakesveganos #hotcakesyrup #pancake #pancake #pancakeday #pancakesunday #pancakestack #pancakeart #pancakeporn #pancakelover #PancakesAndBooze #Pancakehouse #pancakelove #pancakeslover #pancaketower #Pancaketuesday #pancakedurian #pancakerecipe #pancakesforbreakfast #pancakebreakfast #pancakepantry #pancakeparlour #PancakeParty #pancakesday #pancakeheaven #pancakerocks #pancakeshealthy #pancakecafe